This well-located storefront is ideal for art exhibitions, installations, curated projects, creating a short-term showroom for craft or design, for galleries and curators seeking an additional or alternative venue, or similar uses.
The intention of this artist-run space, now in its 7th year, is to create an opportunity for individuals or groups to show and sell work in a vibrant community that supports the arts.
Rental is generally on a monthly basis with shorter terms (1-2 weeks, or even a 1-day event) periodically available.
- Highly visible location on the west end of Main St, adjacent to cafes, shops, small hotels and other galleries
- Walking distance from Dia: Beacon and Metro-North station (80 minutes from NYC), and a 5-min drive from exit 11 off Interstate 84.
- Approximately 400 sq ft space in main gallery; one 25-ft wall, one 14-ft wall, two 8-ft walls, one 5-ft wall
- Light-wood floors, white-painted well-constructed walls, with track lighting
- Free street parking (2-hr) and off-street parking
- Bathroom, small fridge, wifi, air conditioning
- Large storefront windows facing Main Street
- Tables, folding chairs, ladder, pedestal if needed
- Local promotion online, with advance notice; listing on the BeaconArts map
We are now booking for 2019! The fee for one month (specifically 4 weekends) is $1400. This covers all utilities, wifi, liability insurance, some basic supplies and some online promotion. Rates for a day, weekend or 1-3 weeks vary from $200-$1200 and we are happy to discuss it with you. Several single weeks or weekends are available, please email us to inquire.
Together we will confirm your specific dates and fee.
We provide only the space, our friendly support, and the above features.
We require 50% deposit upon signing the contract/rental agreement, and the balance is due before move-in, plus a refundable $50 deposit. Three installment payments is now an option. Full details are in our agreement. You take care of installation, publicity, openings, ‘sitting’ the gallery, sales, and de-installation/clean-up.
Contact us for more information, a floor plan, or to reserve the gallery space.